Monday, May 23, 2016

Hi, everyone! 

Hope you're all doing well! We found several new investigators who are really receptive, but several of our older investigators are having trouble coming to church, and getting ready for baptism.  It really made me think, because when I first got here, we had an investigator who was an older man, and liked hearing what we had to say, but wouldn't commit to church, reading the scriptures, or praying. I started getting frustrated, and after several of such lessons, I told Elder Francis that of all of our investigators, he was the LAST one I could see progressing.  In the following weeks, some of our most promising investigators stopped opening their doors, or wouldn't commit to church, and soon, this investigator I had little faith in, started praying with us, and reading the Book of Mormon, and asking us a lot of questions about it.  This experience showed me that none of God's children are too stubborn to assume they will never progress, because as long as we teach what we are supposed to, and are worthy of the presence of the Spirit, they can feel of the truth of our words. I also know that every one of God's children is important to Him, and we can never give up on a single one, because He never gives up on us.  

I hope you all had a great week, and continue doing well. Sorry, no pictures this week. I'll update everyone again next week! Have a good one!


-Elder Checketts

No comments:

Post a Comment