Monday, February 27, 2017

Hey, everyone!

This week was certainly eventful, with transfers that we really didn´t expect. My companion, Elder Burgos, and I are leaving Vallenar to go to a little coastal town between Antofagasta and Copiapó, called Chañaral. It stinks that we weren´t in Vallenar for very long, but I´m excited to start working and looking for more people in Chañaral. We prepared a lot of people in Vallenar, but the baptisms did prove to be more difficult to obtain. Nonetheless, I feel that we had a lot of success, and I´m excited to do the same here in a new part of the mission.  We're opening a sector together in Chañaral.  Beforehand, there were four hermanas in Chañaral, and President Ferreira decided to take them all out, and replace all four with Elders. So the whole city is being "white washed."  Chañaral isn´t as green as Vallenar, but it´s right on the coast, so that´s good :)  I´ll write you all to update you on Chañaral.  Have a great week!

-Elder Checketts​​   

Here are some pictures from Vallenar:






No comments:

Post a Comment