Monday, August 22, 2016

This week, Daniela got baptized!

As I said before, Daniela is a twelve year old girl, with lots of personal drive for attending, getting baptized, and really sees the importance of all of it.  She has very little support from her family, but it is very apparent, that she feels the spirit, and knows that this is the true church.  

We also had an amazing lesson with a youth named Jussep. He also doesn't have much family support for church, but always walks there to get to church every Sunday.  In our lesson with him, we asked him about all of the principles he had only recently learned, many things only seconds earlier, and he quickly answered all of them, ''Of course, I'll do that! or, "Of course I know it's true!" 

These amazing investigators have really shown me how easy it has been for me to come to church, to be baptized, and to receive blessings from church attendance.  They are truly dedicated, and understand so much for their young age. 

I hope everyone else had another great week, and I'll update you all again next week!


-Elder Checketts



(And here is a little addition from one of the personal letters to Neil...)

It is getting hotter here!  And Calama is the middle of the desert, so it gets really hot!  But I've been kind of sick for the past few days, so I was really cold several mornings, but I'm getting a lot better.

I have a funny story for you, though!  There's this awesome family of members in our ward, and we went to do a family home evening with them one night, and they have this hyper, black dog that is just getting out of it's puppy stage, and reminded me so much of Zoe!  I could just imagine it.  The mom gave us banana bread, and my companion put his piece on his knee as he pulled something out of his bag.  The dog came and snatched the bread, and ate it in less than a second!  It was really funny.  Then they put her outside, and shut the door, but at some point the door was opened again, but she didn't enter.  She knew she was in trouble!  When she finally decided to come in, she slunk in like she wasn't supposed to.  It was really funny, and made me laugh, just how similar it seemed to your stories about Zoe!  Anyway,  hope you are doing well, and have another great week!

Oh, and I forgot to tell you!  We went to a baptism in another ward, and there was this really tall lady there at the baptism.  We talked to her, and it turns out she's from Russia!  She's from Moscow, but she was interested in the fact that you served in Russia, even though it was in a different part.  She asked when you served, and I said '91-'93.  She laughed, and said, "He was a pioneer!"  It was interesting to talk to her, and she liked the story about Matt Rose going to Belarus.  She said that almost happened to her.  She accidentally got on a plane going to Siberia, but realized at the last minute.  Anyway, thought that was interesting, and you might be interested.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment