Monday, December 5, 2016

This week we had transfers.  I´m excited that I´m staying in Calama,
because I´ve really grown to love the people here.  My companion Elder
Jennings went to a city in the south of the mission called Vallenar.  My
new companion is an elder from Peru, named Elder Pezo.  My Spanish will
continue to improve, and hopefully we will have lots of success, and have a
great cambio.

As for the investigators, we had a great stake conference, and our mission
president was there. He told us to bring as many investigators as we could,
so he could meet them.  He really animated them, and helped them to realize
how they could feel the truth of the gospel. Claudio is really progressing,
and has decided to read the book of Mormon, and pray about baptism, and was
really animated by President Ferreira´s promise that all he needed was to
know the book of Mormon is true, and then the rest of the conversion would
come.

We were also a little disappointed to hear that the Mora-Ferrufino family,
who just got baptized, have to go back to Bolivia to do their papers.
Hopefully, they can come back soon, so the other two children can get
baptized. They have been so humble, and commited to the church, and I know
Heavenly Father will help them continue in that path.

I hope you all had a good week as well! Enjoy the Christmas season!

-Elder Checketts

No comments:

Post a Comment